2012 Top 5 PG recruits
1. Kyle Anderson – 6-8 215 – Jersey City, NJ (St. Anthony ) – Uncommitted – list: St. Johns, Villanova, Georgetown, Arizona, Seton Hall, UCLA, Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky
No I did not mess up on his height! Kyle is a very tall, lengthy guard who you want to have the ball in his hands at all times. He is a “do-everything” kind of player and is a triple double threat every time he walks on the court.
Where he’ll end up: Stays in the Big East- my guess is Villanova or St. Johns
2. Yogi Ferrell – 5-11 165 – Indianapolis, IN (Park Tudor School) – Committed: Indiana University
A very quick PG with outstanding basketball IQ. Usually a pass first type of PG with the knack of getting his teammates involved, but when needed can hit his pull up jumper from anywhere on the court. Despite his lack of size, he posses great elevation on his jump shot and has a smooth release.
3. J-Mychal Reese – 6-1 170 – Bryan, TX (Bryan) – Uncommitted – list: Kansas, Baylor, Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisville, Memphis
A scoring PG, J-Mychal has a wide variety of ways to put the ball in the basket. Loves to get to the hoop using his quick first step, but also has a silky smooth jump shot up to around 20 ft. Even though he’s a score first, pass second PG, he does have great court vision and will always hit the open man. Oh, and by the way he’s a lefty!
Where he’ll end up: Rock Chalk Jayhawk! (Crossing my fingers)
4. Marcus Paige – 6-0 155 – Marion, IA (Linn Mar) Committed: North Carolina
Paige is a very speedy PG with a high basketball IQ. Great pick and roll player, with outstanding handles. A very good long range shooter, but struggles finishing in the paint because of his lack of strength. Seems to be a perfect fit in the Roy Williams system and will be a perfect replacement for when current UNC PG Kendall Marshall is no longer playing.
5. D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera – 6-3 210 – Mouth of Wilson, VA (Oak Hill) – Uncommitted – List: Louisville, Kansas State, Baylor, Xavier, Texas, Georgetown
Best attribute is his strength and vision. Can over power smaller guards and has no real weakness. Excellent passer, with a jump shot that keeps defenders honest.
Where he’ll end up: To be honest I have no clue. My guess is either Louisville or Kansas State
Posted on July 29, 2011, in Uncategorized and tagged 2012 Recruits, D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera, Georgetown, Indiana, J-Mychal Reese, Kansas, Kansas State, KU, Kyle Anderson, Louisville, Marcus Paige, North Carolina, Rock Chalk Jayhawk, St. Johns, Texas, Texas A&M, UNC, Villanova, Yogi Ferrell. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.